Wednesday, July 31, 2013

MORNING SUN, CURTAINS AND BLINDS..

By tomorrow (that is if I wake up..LOL), I would have completed a month of working in this new workplace. Gosh, how time flies and I felt it was only yesterday that I anxiously reported for my first day of work, yet I also felt like I've been here forever.

I still recall, a day before that early morn,  I received a text message from Fane.  "Hi Angie, just to inform you. Tomorrow is General Assembly. All staff must be at the open hall by 7.45am. Don't be late else u kena nyanyi Negara Ku ..wakakakah.. Be early so that you won't be out of breath. You might need to give a speech so be prepared."  I answered.." Ahahaha thanks for that info. Adoii speech? Die lah! wakakakaah.."

My first day of work - I woke up early. I had already chosen my dress the night before. I added in a scarf and tie it in front..put on a little make up..hehehe.. didn't want to shock them. I arrived early and I went inside the office. The girls there told me about the assembly which was at the open hall below our office. I followed the ladies down the stair case  Then I saw hundreds of students all boys in their uniforms. I followed the ladies to a few seats presumably for staff near the stage. I tried to look around to see if Fane was there, but couldn't find her.  The Director (my boss saw me) waved to me to sit in front.. I was like "eek..why lah I have to sit in front." I hesitated and one of the ladies motioned me again to go there ...I noted I was the only lady seated there with a few gentlemen. Then it dawned on me,  perhaps because it was my first day and that I would be introduced and called up to the stage.  I was sweating cold ..haha..  We sang National Anthem, the State Anthem and the Institute's anthem.  Later, the Director went up, greeted everyone, made some speeches and introduced me to everyone. I stood up looked behind the hundreds of people and I gave my sweetest smile and waved.  I waited for the Director thinking he might asked me to go up the stage now.. No, he didn't...phewww.  Arghhh,   Fane, I am going to kill you hahaha...such a fright. you gave me.

The General Assembly done, all the staff went to their respective office and I was shown to a room which was to be my office. It was a nice room facing east and greeted by the bright morning sun,  but oh what a hideous curtain hahaha.. well not really bad, but it was quite old, faded but it shaded the room from the morning sun very well.. My first impression was, geez that curtain needed a wash hahaha.. The Director came in to welcome me and seemingly read my mind and said, "you may change the curtains. They have been here forever."

before



after.. :)






Well, I survived my first day.. not too bad.  The days followed..like as if in a haze. There were so many meetings to attend and so many briefings and so much to learn, so many faces to remember.  Oh by the way, I did request to change the curtains, but instead of curtains, I changed to blinds.. light green.. very sweet colour.  I brought in a couple of small indoor plants for a more refreshing look for the office, I changed the position of the desk and viola I was home.    Oh ya, bye bye hot morning sun...

Till my next post..

Cheers..











13 comments:

  1. Wow Angie..very nice the room la after you redecorate it..hahaha..couldn't agree with you more about the former langsir tu hahaha..

    Bah..happy weekend kio...oopss..awal satu hari kono coz tomorrow sia start cuti..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Azwa...haha.kannn.. Then initially I wanted curtains but when the samples came, I didn't like any of them, also the curtains make the room too homey and cosy.. nanti saya tertidur pula, tidak ingat kerja..hehe.

      Happy bercuti .. and Selamat Hari Raya.

      Delete
  2. Hi flawless, ha ha sama dgn I, msti siap baju awal ,but I kena tmbah satu lagi..which slendang to wear and of course hdbag to match.
    cepat tukar curtain? nice choice.blinds instead of curtain, lebih cozy kan? and that indoor plant will gve u extra oxygen jugak..
    so tk da speech? like di sekolah cikgu baru msti kena bagi speech, msti prepare, sure kena punya..!
    tapi kita yg dah senior ni tk da masalah nk bagi speech kan..laju saja idea mai.he he.
    kerja elok2 , jgn teruk2 sgt, nanti patah tulang, sapa nk ganti? bukan ada spare part kan? u tk cr my dear friend.lots of hugs for u.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi gorgeous IM, usually before i go out or to work, I usually already have something in mind what to wear, so at least tak kalangkabut...else stress tak tentu pasal...haha.
      Tu lah the curtain tak lah teruk sangat but dah faded and kotor skit. Since I dapat 'green light' to tukar, apa lagi tukar lah hehehe.. At first I nak juga curtain, but bila dapat sample, i tak suka any of them pula. Also I wanted the room to look more like an office but at the same time not to look very severe or dull. Yes, I love the plants.. these plants I brought from home. Betul cakap IM, dapat oxygen skit. Ahh.. ya luckily I didn't have to give a speech. Maklumlah not my forte. But I have done some emceeing before and so it is not that foreign to me but tak lah selalu. Tu lah nervous semacam...haha. But during meetings, still kena juga buat speech sikit2, buat presentation gitu.

      Ok, you too take care ye.. Selamat Hari Raya, mohon maaf zahir dan batin.. hugs...

      Delete
  3. The room of a "director"?

    Such a big one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha rainfield61!!..the room is not that big lah ..hahaha you are hilarious!

      Delete
  4. I kinda prefer the green blinds. They look neat.
    Nice office there, BTW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Floyd.. yes I am quite pleased with the blinds too. Looks cool ya..:)

      Delete
  5. Dear Angie I hv no doubts whatsoever that you will shine and be extra successful with your new job. Just remember your header message, it's so very true. I am sure with your personality, your office will look beautiful and gives out positive energy for all that comes your way. Stay beautiful and happy as always. God Bless and Enjoy the coming Raya holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Angie oops I forgot to sign off sorry I am just mesmerized by your beauty. God Bless uncle AL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi dear Uncle Al, terima kasih for that lovely words and Amen to that *smiles*.
    As in every new place, there're some adaption period to the work culture..LOL. There's still lots to learn. Thus I have no choice but to ask a lot, perhaps even some silly questions to my fellow colleagues..hope they don't hide when they see me coming.. LOL. Also I read a lot of their histories. My predecessor left before I came, so I am still like groping in the dark..hahaha. But I believe there's a good system in place. :)

    Thanks for dropping by Uncle Al and may I take this opportunity to wish you and family 'Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri, and I sincerely Mohon Maaf if I have said or done anything out of turn. Take care and God bless..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Angie, very nice and comfortable office. After redesign and decorate, it made a lots of different. At least it look so much brighter now. The previous design look so dull, I guess it follow according to the owner too.

    Nice plant to brighten up the office environment too. Happy working.
    Have a lovely weekend, regards.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi dear Amelia, yes I quite like my office especially the scenery when looking out of the window. Green, fresh and clean and also why I chose the colour green for the blinds. I love plants and so to give the office a fresh look, i brought some from home.

    Ahahaa... yes the old curtains were old and faded. Since I got the green light to change, so apa lagi, I said hurray!! haha..

    Have a lovely week ahead..hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete

KOISAAN CULTURAL VILLAGE (KCV)

"The Koisaan Cultural Village (KCV) The Koisaan Cultural Village is located at Hongkod Koisaan KDCA Complex, Km 8, Penampang...